We put at your disposal our team of engineers, studies and methods, specialized in mechanical engineering and fluid dynamics.
A mechanical function or the implementation of a custom hydraulic mechanism requires a hydraulic cylinder design according to the pressure and hydraulic flow available.
The formulas in practice use the units of measurement of the metric system: bar, dN (kg), mm, liter, minute, to define the cylinders that will best suit your needs.
After the dimensioning of the cylinder forces, if the stroke is important, the buckling of the rod must be checked. A steel rod subjected to a compression force can deform suddenly, we speak then of buckling according to:
- the maximum force of the cylinder which depends on the hydraulic pressure and the diameter of the piston,
- the diameter of the cylinder rod,
- the strength of the steel used according to its Young's modulus,
- the type of fixation of the rod and the barrel of the cylinder,
- the stroke of the cylinder.
The calculation of the buckling requires competences in material resistance, to be calculated when the cylinder has a significant stroke approximately higher than 10 times the diameter of the rod.